The Programs internship intern is for the person that is passionate for the marginalized and has a desire to serve the low-income and the homeless in our region. The Programs Intern will work directly with the Programs Department to ensure that GSM programs are monitored and strategized goals are met. This person will also assist in event planning, and promotion of GSM in various ways. Throughout the duration of the internship, GSM will provide intern with a holistic experience which will involve volunteering in different areas of the ministry and teaching on community development. Our office is a fun and safe environment that empowers you to be creative! If interested in non-profit management, this is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience.
- Work alongside the Programs Dept to: coordinate upcoming programs and, plan and assist with project related tasks as needed.
- Overseeing volunteer groups.
- Community outreach.
- Data entry.
- Plan and organize events remembering the fine details (how many chairs, what about a rain plan, etc.)
- Communicate with clients about our programs and how we can/cannot help
- Will do "whatever it takes" to advance the vision and mission of GSM.
- This position is for graduating high school seniors, students who are taking a “gap year” and current college students.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in clerical duties (phone, fax, filing, etc.)
- Be willingly to lift and carry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (speaking in front of small and large groups).
- We want you to be creative, out of the box and have the ability to see the big picture!