The Digital Marketing internship is for the person that is passionate for the marginalized and has a desire to serve the low-income and the homeless in our region. The Digital Marketing Intern will work directly with the Program Director to monitor, maintain, and enhance all aspects of web content, social media and online marketing tools. Throughout the duration of the internship, GSM will provide intern with a holistic experience which will involve volunteering in different areas of the ministry and teaching on community development. Our office is a fun and safe environment that empowers you to be creative! This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a regional nonprofit!
- Regularly update GSM website (blog, events, etc.)
- Contribute both individually and as a team member in meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Assist with project related tasks as needed.
- Creating, scheduling and monitoring engagement with all GSM social media channels and marketing platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Mail Chimps).
- Will do "whatever it takes" to advance the vision and mission of GSM.
- Must be a college student majoring in marketing, communications or related field. If not, student must have proven experience.
- Some graphic design knowledge or experience.
- Some knowledge or experience in website editing. (WordPress, Wix, Weebly etc.)
- Experience with, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc. is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- The ability to manage and schedule posts on all social media platforms.